Friday, June 17, 2011

And So the Journey Begins.

The day is finally here, people! Adios, Portland. Take care, USA. You will be missed, but the time has come to leave my home. It felt so surreal waking up this morning, knowing my days will soon be spent in India. Today has been circled, underlined, and starred in my calendar. With lots of exclamation points saying "India!!!!" This is totally nuts. I am completely giving myself to a new culture, to have everything thrown at me. I am ready to be stunned, shocked, excited, elated, confused, and humored.

These past couple weeks have been amazing in Portland. I finished up my first year of grad school and celebrated this victory with my cohorts. My employment at Pix Patisserie was wrapped up and it felt wonderful to be leaving on such good terms after nearly 4 years of slinging sweets and spirits. All my friends and family have been so supportive and excited for this trip, and I have enjoyed saying goodbye to them, either in person or by phone. Saying goodbye to my fiance Dan was not as bad as I thought it would be. Mainly because he has been incredibly supportive of my decision to intern in India from day one. Of course I will miss him, but because of his positive attitude it won't be so bad and I will be able to focus on the work I do. Thank you everyone for being so wonderful and giving your positive support!

In the meantime, I will be hanging out at SFO while I wait for my connecting flight to London. Which has now been delayed...

1 comment:

  1. So exciting. I wanted to go to India myself this summer, as well as Cyprus, but overseas trips didn't seem to work out like I wanted. Oh well. I am so glad that you have supportive friends and family. That makes things so much easier. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete