Friday, September 9, 2011

Dear India.

Being in India has seriously changed so much about me for the better. The people I met both in and outside of work have given me so much to learn from and pass on to others. It’s as though the experience has been a gift to me from all of India. A gift that I can’t ever forget and won’t forget. I thought I knew what the people would be like here, but I wasn’t even close. I was far from knowing that the people I met would be so kind, generous, and welcoming. I was far from knowing that I would make friends who genuinely care about me, my safety, and making me laugh. I was far from knowing how much the children would make me smile and take such interest in knowing who I am. And I had no idea that families, especially one in particular, would bring me into their home and treat me with such sincere and honest love. And even as I sit here alone, I am bringing myself to both tears of joy and sadness because I know how much love I have been given, and I have tried so hard to give it back. I’ve never felt anything like this before from complete strangers who would do anything to make me feel at home when I am thousands of miles away from my own. In a country where so many people have so little, they have done everything to make me feel apart of their lives, their culture, and their land. This is India.

I WILL be back India. I've already made that promise. There is more of your beautiful people that I haven't met. There is more work that I am interested in participating in. And there is no way that I am done surrendering myself to you and all your chaos! I will miss you and always love you. My friends. My India.

Challo!

No comments:

Post a Comment