Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Indian Family.

One morning I was trying to explain to a woman, who was also staying at the guesthouse, that I needed to take my dresses to a tailor. She walked me down the street and introduced me to my neighbor and local seamstress, and I handed her four dresses. When I came back that evening I was greeted, charged 50 rupees ($1) and welcomed in for chai.

Since then I have become close with the family, the daughter and her friends. I couldn't be any happier! They've invited me for dinner, taken studio photos with me (which I suppose I will post), walked me home, dressed me in a sari, and like to practice English and Marathi with me. Although, I'd say they are far better at what they are learning.

Here's some photos of Mrs. Pacharne, Namrata, Nilum, Samiksha, Samreet, and I.



I love my new family.

3 comments:

  1. My tailor just kind of grunts at me when he's not trying to talk me out of my preference for spread collars and flat fronts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Indian family and photos are very good


    Karen Coffin
    Divorce Help solutions

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. You seem to have immersed yourself so easily into the Indian culture! I'm so glad you've made friends there. :-)

    ReplyDelete